Ways of checking the legitimacy of writing companies
We live in a global town nowadays and in this town, although there is fast paced development, but the economy is bad everywhere and there is an equal amount of jobless people. These are the sole bread earners of their families, so they started working as a freelancer. The websites and companies hire freelancers to write theses, essays and assignments, etc. But surely there are some scams that never pay and take the services of writers for free.
- First of all, you need to see that if the names mentioned under the posts of writers, proofreaders and editors are of real people. Open the yellow pages, look them up, call and confirm.
- Read the testimonials and customer feedback that they leave if the work is satisfactory. But look out for the fake testimonials and reviews as that’s what companies do to market themselves.
- Read the content on the website and see what the company offers, this will automatically give you some idea. But look out as some companies hire professionals to write good things for them. If it’s too good to be true, it probably isn’t.
- Call the help line and see if a real person answers. Because if they are paying some real person then they might pay you as well.
- Other than this, join that company that doesn’t charge you anything from your pocket.
- Check the payment methods and see if it looks trustworthy or not. Because if the method is not transparent, then something is wrong there.
In the end, make use of that sixth sense. Follow your heart and don’t give them too many chances if they don’t pay once, leave them.